Dr. Crespin is a lead gastroenterologist in his field and he is affiliated with NYU Lenox Hill Hospital, St. Luke's Roosevelt, and Beth Israel hospitals.
Dr. Crespin has been a practicing gastroenterologist in Manhattan for more than 20 years, and is a board-certified gastroenterologist who strives to provide the highest quality medical care in a compassionate, professional and personalized manner.
Before opening up his private practice, Dr. Crespin served as the director of the Columbia-St. Luke's Roosevelt GI clinic. He is expertly trained in endscopic procedures, which allows for direct visualization of the intestinal tract for optimal diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of gastrointestinal diseases.
What I Treat
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Abdominal Pain
- Swallowing Disorders
- Celiac Disease
- Reflux Disease (Heartburn)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis & Crohn's Disease)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Other Diseases of the Liver
- PRIVATE PRACTICE - New York, NY
- Private practice in internal medicine and gastroenterology and hepatology.
- February 2003 - Present
- LENOX HILL COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER - New York, NY
- Practice in gastroenterology. Director Lenox Hill GI Fellows Clinic.
- September 2005 - December 2008
- LINCOLN HOSPITAL - Bronx, NY
- Chief of Hepatology
- February 2003 - March 2004
- UNIVERSITY MEDICAL PRACTICE ASSOCIATES - New York, NY
- Attending on faculty practice at St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital
- July 2000 - December 2002
- NEW YORK MEDICAL GROUP - New York, NY
- Multispecialty practice in internal medicine and gastroenterology.
- July 1999 - June 2000
- STERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, NYU - New York, NY
- MBA. Finance concentration completed - May 2007
- NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - Chicago, IL
- Gastroenterology Fellowship - July 1996 - 1999
- BARNES-JEWISH HOSPITAL - St. Louis, MO
- Medicine Residency - July 1995 - June 1996
- UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA - Minneapolis, MN
- Medicine Internship and Residency - June 1993 - June 1995
- Trained at University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic, Veterans Affair Medical Center, and St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center.
- WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - St. Louis, MO
- M.D. recieved - May 1993
- Editor of class newspaper.
- SORBONNE - Paris, France
- French Studies. Electives taken in Cinema, Psychology ,and Literature - 1988 - 1989
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY - Cambridge, MA
- B.A. Cum Laude in Biology - 1984 - 1988
- Harvard College Scholarship for academic achievement of high distinction
- Dean's list every year
- Instructor in Clinical Medicine Columbia University - 2000-2002
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Columbia University - 2000
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, NYU - 2009-Present
- American Medical Association - 1990
- American College of Physicians - 1995
- American Gastroenterology Association - 1996
- American Association for Study of Liver Disease - 2004
- New York Society of GI Endoscopy - 2005
- Tsen TN, Obrien JJ, Rubin BG, Kodner IJ, Crespin JS. Distinguishing characteristics of deep venous thrombosis in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology 1993; 104:793.
- Crespin JS, Thovarides VL, Obrien JJ. Electrolyte lavage prep vs. conventional 2 day prep: which is the optimal colonoscopy prep? Am. J. of Gastroenetrology 1993;88: 1571.
- Cordoba J, Crespin J, Gottstein J, and Blei, AT. Mild Hypothermia Modifies Ammonia-Induced Brain Edema in Rats after Portacaval Anastomosis. Gastroenterology 1999; 116:686-693.
- Crespin J, Nemcek A, Rehkemper G, Blei A. Intrahepatic Portal-Hepatic Venous Anastomosis: A Portal-Systemic Shunt with Neurological Repercussions. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2000; 66:156801573.
- Crespin J. A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Genotype Testing in Hepatitis C. Gastroeneterology. 2002;123.
- Leonard A Cohen, Jeffrey S Crespin, Carla Wolper, Edith A Zang, Brian Pittman, Zhonglin Zhao, Peter R Holt. Soy Insoflavone intake and estrogen excretion patterns in young women: effect of Probiotic administration. In Vivo: 2007:21(3): 507-12
- Investigator on LOGIC Trial Lotrel: Guaging Improved Control, 2000. Novartis Phase 4 drug trial.
- Investigator-SMART trial-Salmeterol Multicenter Asthma Research Trial 2003. Phase 4 drug trial.
- Investigator-OCTAVE trial Bristol Meyers Squibb 2004-Phase 3 drug trial.
- Imvestigator-Aryx Therapeutics Inc ATI-7505 for erosive esophagitis 2005-2006. Phase 3 drug trial.
- Investigator-Axcan Pharmaceuticals - Phase 3 drug trial for Ulcertative Proctitis